Thursday, January 10, 2008

Assignment 1, "Should I stay or should I go".

Immigrants that come to the United States come for pretty much the same reason our founding fathers came, for opportunity. In the U.S. everyone has an opportunity to make money and live freely. The only thing I think they might lose in coming here would be maybe comfort and respect. A lot of Americans don’t treat immigrants with the respect they would get in there homelands. Also when going to a new country if you don’t speak their language you can feel out of place and lose the comfort of being home. If I chose to immigrate to another county it would probably be for economic reasons. If you live in the U.S. you’re about as free as you can be I guess. So yeah, I might live in another country to make more money, or if I could be happier there, then I might immigrate.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Good post. The first part is particularly thoughtful and detailed, and the thesis is strong.

Well written, only a couple errors that I can help you fix if you want to earn all 20 points. As is you earned 18/20.

Keep the thoughtful posts coming!